I was having problems with my fan heater not working so finally decided to pull the switch out and have a look at it. I did test to see how far the electricity was going and that way worked out the problem was in the switch. Connected a wire from battery to fan motor and it worked. Well, the problem was that the contacts were all covered in crap. I gave it a clean and light sand with fine sandpaper, reassembled it and it works again. I have included a few pictures if anyone was interested.
It was a pain in the backside to get out.
First I had to remove the knobs.
The face comes of easy as it just clips on.
Then I had to unscrew the whole assembly (4 screws) so I could get the switch out. I also threw a bit of grease at it so now the knobs slide nicely across again. Hopefully someone else has been wondering how to solve this particular problem.
Life is wonderful