Oldies JB

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
OLDIE
Austarion Occupant

Oldies JB

Postby OLDIE » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:36 pm

Experienced difficulty in down changing @ QR and bit the bullet and had the box recoed as well as the flywheel resurfaced and the new Solid centre button plate installed.
Have only had a short drive but it feels much better than when I had the RX box originally installed 3/4 years ago.
The spigot bearing was cactus and it may have contributed in some way to the change problems.
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

sucka
Mine is bigger than yours

Re: Oldies JB

Postby sucka » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:02 pm

OLD FART wrote:Experienced difficulty in down changing @ QR and bit the bullet and had the box recoed as well as the flywheel resurfaced and the new Solid centre button plate installed.
Have only had a short drive but it feels much better than when I had the RX box originally installed 3/4 years ago.
The spigot bearing was cactus and it may have contributed in some way to the change problems.

Sounds like it was an expensive exercise Oldie. Funny how that tiny little bearing is often overlooked when it comes to clutch and shift quality issues.

OLDIE
Austarion Occupant

Re: Oldies JB

Postby OLDIE » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:24 am

Yes it did put a dent in my 2016 motorsport budget :x and the spigot and TOB was replaced when the clutch was originally installed.
Hopefully it will be trouble free till I hang up my helmet and learn lawn bowls :)
I've had mine since 03 07 92

85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63

THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS

GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Return to “General Discussion”