I got stooged at an auction. not happy Jan!

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Nosaki Faki
I've been here before

I got stooged at an auction. not happy Jan!

Postby Nosaki Faki » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:15 pm

Will try to make this as short as possible, not sure I will succeed, but I need to vent.

I was outbid, at a clearance auction, by a bidder that had not registered to bid and therefore not obtained a bidding number. The item was a 1951 Kew Dodge parrot nose truck, Upon the completion of the auction when Mr Steve Graham asked for the winners bidding number the winner said she didnt have one, I asked was it not no number no bid. Auctioneer Steve Graham replied that he would accept it.
Had this bidders bids not been accepted I feel I would have won the item for substantially less than the final price.
I then returned to the payment office to air my concerns, at first speaking to a young lady whom was very polite and understanding but said there was nothing she thought she could do about it.During this conversation Mrs Christine Graham entered the room, I stated to her that at all other auctions I have attended, you must register before bidding or your bid would not be accepted.
I still believe this to be standard practice. Mrs Graham then proceeded to tell me that they have around 60 bidders who regularly attend their auctions and are not required to obtain a number, and the lady who won the auction was one of these bidders. Her attitude toward me was far from professional.

While unhappy with the situation, I left the building to return to my car and leave, on the way I had a conversation with another of Mr Grahams employees in which he agreed with me, that this was wrong and I had every reason to be upset.
Upon arriving at my vehicle I realized my friend that I was there with had returned to the auction and I returned to find him. He had purchased an item and was at the office making payment.

I then happened to run into the delightful lady that had won the truck, she informed me that this is the first time that she had attended an auction held by http:www.stevegrahamauctioneer.com together we returned to the payment office where the winning bidder confirmed to Mrs Graham that it was in fact her first auction. At this time Mrs Graham left the room and was not seen again.

I held an approximately 20 minute conversation with the auction winner, who was lovely and I left her my contact information in the case she decided that she would like to sell me the truck in the future. I left happy with the knowledge the she owned a transport business and was going to restore the truck to use for advertising, but with an incredibly bitter taste in regard to the way that Mr and Mrs Graham chose to conduct their business.
Am I right to be pissed off with this lot and their lack of ethics or is this the way things roll nowadays?
If at first you don't succeed, maybe skydiving just wasn't your sport!

Nosaki Faki
I've been here before

Re: I got stooged at an auction. not happy Jan!

Postby Nosaki Faki » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:37 pm

Photo of said truck, I hope!
Attachments
parrotnose 1 - Copy.jpg
parrotnose 1 - Copy.jpg (132.08 KiB) Viewed 362 times

enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Postby enthuzed » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:16 pm

Starion restoration is probably a piece of cake compared to this!
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.

WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Postby WidebodyWoody » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:08 pm

Pretty dodgy. I would be pissed off.

Nosaki Faki
I've been here before

Postby Nosaki Faki » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:07 pm

enthuzed wrote:Starion restoration is probably a piece of cake compared to this!

Actually not as bad as it looks in the pic, no holes anywhere all rust appeared to be only surface.
Everything panel wise is basically square, easy to fold up and most bolt in.
Besides I don't mind a challenge. And I like things that are different from the norm.
Exactly what attracted me to Starions. My wife occasionally ask's why I can't just buy a white Commodore to get a rise.

Yep woody Super pissed.
I sent a complaint to consumer affairs, they called me back and said it isn't covered by consumer law and she isn't able to comment.
She only said I could see a lawyer if I wanted to.
I am not sure that would achieve anything other than cost me money anyway, it isn't like they will say I am entitled to the truck.
Pretty sure the bitch knew that was the case that is why she walked off on me. So it seems Auctioneers can do what ever they please and get away with it.
All that is left to do now is carefully slag the fuck out of them on public forums so people know what a shonky pair of fuckers they are.

Did I mention STEVE GRAHAM AUCTIONS, :D

sucka
Mine is bigger than yours

Postby sucka » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:54 pm

Nosaki Faki wrote:
enthuzed wrote:All that is left to do now is carefully slag the fuck out of them on public forums so people know what a shonky pair of fuckers they are.

Did I mention STEVE GRAHAM AUCTIONS, :D

The power of word of mouth style feedback is quite potent in this day and age, it's a shame that some businesses don't seem to understand that.
The worst thing about this is that it is the auctioneers policy, yet given the opportunity to make a greater profit for the vendor they break their own rules! Therefore you'd have to wonder why bother with the policy at all....

fugazi
Enthusiast king

Postby fugazi » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:46 pm

sucka wrote:...yet given the opportunity to make a greater profit for the vendor they break their own rules! Therefore you'd have to wonder why bother with the policy at all....

Sad but true...
ABSOLUTLEY love the truck!!! Sorry you missed out on it! :cry:

Nosaki Faki
I've been here before

Postby Nosaki Faki » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:06 pm

Might take a while to get over it, I now have a vehicle size hole in my heart. :cry:
Looking to fill it with a motorbike over the weekend!

sucka
Mine is bigger than yours

Postby sucka » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:06 pm

From lusting over old trucks now onto motorcycles lol. Nosaki wants, Nosaki must have!

So what is it?

Nosaki Faki
I've been here before

Postby Nosaki Faki » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:18 pm

I like toys! As I'm sure do the rest of you.
Given that it is hard to justify another rego on a bike since they are over $500 now it looks likely to be an FZR or ZZR 600.
Had a ZZR250 back while I was on my L's, it was a nice comfortable bike for a 250 but not the most exciting,
I assume the 600 is in the same vane but on a bigger scale more of a tourer than a sports bike.
After the 250 I went to a Ducati 750ss, good bike, without being great, but I sold it because I couldn't fit a baby seat reversed in the Starion and used the funds to buy a BMW 540, my youngest is now 7 so I think it's time for a bike again.
I prefer the FZR but the money and bike need to be right.
Will fill you in more after Saturday.

Return to “General Discussion”