FS: Funk Lock Engine Mount [SOLD]

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
GSRVR
I like starions

FS: Funk Lock Engine Mount [SOLD]

Postby GSRVR » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:03 pm

G'day all,

As above I have for sale a custom-made engine mount known as the Funk Lock made by a US member on the Starquest forums, if you haven't already come across one of these. They are to replace the passenger side mount on the 2.6, however will obviously fit the 4G63 as well. I installed this mount & it has seen no longer than 5 minutes of idling time after removing it again due to the added vibration I was getting through the car, so it is basically still like-new. For reference to any potential buyers, I was using this & a new stock rubber mount on the drivers side, the car is also without balance shafts.

May suit a track/rally car or someone whom is not concerned by the added vibrations. I'm asking $150 (paid well over $200 USD delivered) I'll also consider trades for parts of interest. Local pick-up is welcome otherwise I can also post out. I currently only have access to my phones internet, so please send me your email address for me to send some photos through as they are too large to upload here.

Please find further information from the links below:

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=148543

http://www.sqperformance.com/forum/index.php?topic=323.0
Last edited by GSRVR on Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starion GSR-VR |2016-Present|

redzone
racking my brains

Re: FS: Funk Lock Engine Mount

Postby redzone » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:58 pm

You removed the balance shafts?
Parts for sale (+freight), fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), all mechanical work from stock to performance builds.
PH Garage Redzone (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore 4558

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Garage-R ... 3542662585

www.garageredzone.com.au

GSRVR
I like starions

Postby GSRVR » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:48 pm

redzone wrote:You removed the balance shafts?

Yeah, I was getting a very audible tin can rattling/knocking coming from the lower balance shaft area that had gotten louder over time. Despit the guides/chains still being acceptable out the shafts came, paranoid that the bearing was on its way out (which did show decent wear & tear compared to the upper shaft) After the BSE the noise hasn't returned. Peace of mind now.

Worth a mention as I'm sure combined with the custom mount I would have been getting slightly more vibration compared to someone still with balance shafts.

GSRVR
I like starions

Postby GSRVR » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:57 pm

These initially are sent out in a raw finish, I have given them a quick few coats of VHT rollbar & chassis paint to prevent rust. There are a few paint chips from the test fit, but nothing another coat of VHT can't fix if you are fussy.

IMG_1592.JPG
IMG_1592.JPG (131.77 KiB) Viewed 475 times

IMG_1593.JPG
IMG_1593.JPG (135.05 KiB) Viewed 475 times

redzone
racking my brains

Postby redzone » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:20 pm

GSRVR wrote:
redzone wrote:You removed the balance shafts?

Yeah, I was getting a very audible tin can rattling/knocking coming from the lower balance shaft area that had gotten louder over time. Despit the guides/chains still being acceptable out the shafts came, paranoid that the bearing was on its way out (which did show decent wear & tear compared to the upper shaft) After the BSE the noise hasn't returned. Peace of mind now.

Worth a mention as I'm sure combined with the custom mount I would have been getting slightly more vibration compared to someone still with balance shafts.

Ah ok. Hopefully then if you ever do a full rebuild you could fit new lower balance shaft bearings to the block if it hasn't gotten too bad :)
Parts for sale (+freight), fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), all mechanical work from stock to performance builds.

PH Garage Redzone (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore 4558

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Garage-R ... 3542662585

www.garageredzone.com.au

GSRVR
I like starions

Postby GSRVR » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:21 pm

redzone wrote:Ah ok. Hopefully then if you ever do a full rebuild you could fit new lower balance shaft bearings to the block if it hasn't gotten too bad :)

If a rebuild was ever on the cards in the future (hopefully far far away) I definitely would if ever I did decide to fit the shafts again, at least the choice would be there. For the moment it's a good feeling there is one less thing to go wrong, it gave me a good excuse to replace a couple of the insulators/mounts to minimize the excess vibration.

The Funk Lock mount helped minimize a good amount of the shifter vibration at a certain RPM range from the BSE, but in turn caused vibration at idle & acceleration where there was no vibes before, making one hell of a vibrator on wheels rofl

Return to “Buy / Sell”