82 JA Stripping most parts

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
Stoker82JA
[L] Plates

82 JA Stripping most parts

Postby Stoker82JA » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:20 am

Hey guys.

Stripping a large amount of parts from my 82 JA as I am going down a purely motorsport path with this build and don't need most of the stuff.
Car sat outside in a front yard uncovered for about a decade as far as I can tell so the plastics inside are a bit faded but most of it is there ( how easily it will come apart is anyones guess).
Also going to a late model evo motor so the original engine equipment is all here as far as I can tell. Block is U/S and head is cracked but have a VR4 Galant head in fair condition that would suit a rebuild. If you need stuff and are in Sydney come and see what you want, If I don't think I'll need it its yours for whatever price we haggle as being fair, have all tools required to pull the stuff off.

Located Eastwood Sydney
"DK" currently swearing at an 82 JA,
previously struggled with 65 Fairlady, 71 MG Midget historic Race car, 71 MGBGT, 32 Ford Hotrod,
Spends most days trying to keep 16,500 hp from killing him.

JDSTAZ45
nearly postwhore

Re: 82 JA Stripping most parts

Postby JDSTAZ45 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:04 pm

Hey DK,
Welcome aboard!
I trust the Motec would have been done by Coltspeed or at least the car serviced there during its life as you live near Gladesville?
Quite involved doing a twin cam set up but achievable if you have funds for the mods.
And the Starion gearbox would be a little sus with anything over 220KW atw.

Just wanted to comment that you would get a better response with Austarion Facebook these days.
There was a complete 4gG4 & inlet (stroker block) for sale $400 and also want to mention of that
rust bucket in Melbourne on Gumtree that has a complete engine inside, that's if you stick with the SOHC?

Cheers, Mal
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-VR 12V Dash 2.0L

Stoker82JA
[L] Plates

Postby Stoker82JA » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:21 pm

Thanks Mal.

The Motec and various "frankenstein" parts were done at Neal Bates Motorsport, the car belonged to my uncle who was a long time mechanic at NBM and raced a bit as well, the car apparantley was raced early on its life before being taken back to road use, the original owner couldn't get it to run properly so my uncle bought it and then fixed her up, drove her for 15 years and then unfortunately due to to powers beyond his control had to leave the car
I am aware of the cost but I do love a twin cam 4G, plus the plan is to go W58 or T5 behind it so I can wind it up a bit more, I don't do facebook for occupational reasons so I will miss those items but always keen to hear of stuff for sale.
previously struggled with 65 Fairlady, 71 MG Midget historic Race car, 71 MGBGT, 32 Ford Hotrod,

Pianca7
Newcomer

Postby Pianca7 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:18 pm

Hi

For the front, do you happen to have the complete:
- struts / assembly
- rotors
- brake calipers

For the rear, do you also happen to have the complete:
- rotors
- brake calipers

Also are these all in working order and if so how much for the complete set?

Thankyou

Stoker82JA
[L] Plates

Postby Stoker82JA » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:45 pm

Hey Pianca.

I do have all these parts but am not able to move them on just yet, I need to keep the car rolling whilst I work on it and dont have the new struts etc ready to go in, same with the brakes, until I have fabricated the new assemblies I need them for measurements and trials etc, happy to let you know when I am finished with them

Pianca7
Newcomer

Postby Pianca7 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:59 am

Actually that probably works out timing wise for me. Do you have a rough indication time wise though?

Also Can you let me know how much you could bundle these parts for me?

I'm in Sydney so local pickup Is not problem.

Thanks again

Stoker82JA
[L] Plates

Postby Stoker82JA » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:44 am

At this point it would be over 7 months as I am about to go away, I would have to do some research into pricing for parts and let you know closer to the date

Pianca7
Newcomer

Postby Pianca7 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:12 am

Yea let me know if they end up coming available.

Thanks

Yandick
[L] Plates

Postby Yandick » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:18 pm

How about a windscreen wiper motor?

Grant
[L] Plates

Postby Grant » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:22 pm

Hello Stoker,
I am unsure if you are still stripping parts as per your post mid year.
Could you supply the LH & RH headlight dash switches?
These 3 switches per side sit on the outside edges of the instrument cluster display and are easily accessed, unplugged & removed.
I can send pictures if this helps to your email as the files are too big for this site..
Let me know when convenient.
You are welcome to call me or I can call you if you wish to provide your contact#
Regards
Grant 0402 590099

1320ft
almost postwhore

Postby 1320ft » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:08 pm

Is the VR4 head still avail?

PM me price etc
The Forum Parts Guy

IRS OUTLAW, 2.3L JA/JB Hybrid, Bought to you buy:

VPW, Proflow, Proforce Safety, Sunoco Race Fuels, Cope Racing Transmissions, CREATD Motorsport, M&H Tyres, Street Pro Wheels, Pro Fabrication, Castle Hill Performance, Superior Connections & LucasOil.

Neil
I like starions more

Postby Neil » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:38 am

Not wanting to hijack the thread but have this Galant head / cyclone manifold etc available (still attached to the engine at this stage but was running before I got it). Bought it just to steal the front timing/pulleys for a twin cam build and already have a recoed twin cam head.

1987 JD Starion

Return to “Buy / Sell”